I love carnations and I am not afraid to say it…anymore.
Seriously, for years I hated carnations. They seemed like such a cheap second (I think it was the brightly frosted tips). However, recently I’ve seen a couple of posts like this one, this one, and this one that have given me cause to rethink the flower…
So, when 1-800 FLOWERS called and offered to let me review one of their birthday arrangements as a part of their October Birthday Smiles campaign (did you know that October 5, is the nation’s most popular birthday?) I had to pick this one: It wasn’t the largest or most expensive, but I am so glad I selected it. I was so impressed!!! First off, the packaging and arrangement were adorable. The delivery came from a local florist (love that I can use a large website to support a local company). And, it also lasted forever.
This is another photo of the arrangement about a week and a half later. I wanted you to see, close up, how great it looks, even after a week and a half!
So here’s the cool thing. 1-800 FLOWERS has generously offered to give one lucky reader a $40 credit towards an arrangement!
Here’s how you can win:
- leave me a comment and let me know what sort of arrangement you’d order from 1-800 FLOWERS
- go visit 1-800 FLOWERS Facebook and Twitter pages and sign up to learn more about their awesome deals if you like
For extra entries:
- follow this blog via Google Friend Connect (at right)
- “like” It’s a Tradition on FaceBook
- follow me on Twitter @taunitweets
- Tweet about this giveaway (be sure to mention @taunitweets)
- contest is open to U.S. residents only
- entries must be received by Friday, Oct. 29 at midnight
- winner will be announced on Saturday, Oct. 30