I can’t turn on the television these days without seeing a commercial for some sort of gym, diet, nicotine patch or get rich quick program. I suppose it’s not that big of a surprise considering the time of year…New Year’s resolutions and all.
Did you know 47 percent of the adult Americans who make resolutions give up on their goals after just two months? So, why do we make goals and resolutions we can’t keep? Well, because it’s a tradition (or all those darn ads).
The statistics are grim, but I am never one to bypass a good tradition and I’ve come up with a few resolutions of my own this year.
To stick with them, I am going to follow the expert’s advice: write them down, track my progress and share them, at least some of them, with you!
I am listing all the generics…lose weight, save some money and conquer the known world, but this year I am also going to mix it up a bit, be a little more specific.
So here goes:
- Cut down on carbohydrate intake (scary – I live on carbs) by 50 percent
- Fit into everything in my closet by June or give it away
- Get to bed before midnight
- Read at least one really good book each month
- Publish at least four articles a month in either a magazine or newspaper
- Finish at least one serious house DIY project each month
Since I am in such a sharing mood, I am including a download today – a copy of my 2011 New Year’s Resolution calendar.
You can download a copy here.
Great for tracking your goals and looks great printed out on a simple sheet of cardstock!
So how about you. What are your New Year’s resolutions? Or even better, what New Year’s resolutions have you actually kept?
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up